Baby Nursery Safety
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Sleep Time and Bath Time for Baby and other Baby topics.
How can I ensure that my baby nursery is a safe place for my baby?
Creating a completely safe baby nursery is essential before bringing your baby home. The following is a list of things that you can do to ensure a safe baby environment:
- Keep drapery or blind cords out of baby's reach and completely away from the crib.
- Place a working smoke detector in baby's nursery and near baby's room.
- Guarantee that window guards are securely in place to keep baby from falling out of an open window.
- Never place a crib, playpen or other climbable furniture near a window or wall opening.
- Insert plug protectors in all unused electrical outlets and plastic covers for outlets in use.
- When necessary, use a cool-air humidifier instead of a warm-air vaporizer to prevent burns (be sure to change the water frequently to avoid the growth of mold).
These are just a few ideas to get you started on safe and secure baby nursery. The best way to analyze a room for safety is to get down on the floor and crawl around looking for hazards, just as your baby would.