Reading to Baby
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Books for Baby and other Baby topics.
What are the advantages of reading to my child?
Scientific research proves that babies and children who are read to develop a love for literature and excel in other subjects as well. Reading baby books benefit your baby in many ways:
- Providing your baby the chance to perform what she loves most—imitate and observe.
- Creating a wonderful bonding time for you and your baby—babies love to curl up in mom or dad's lap, experiencing the warmth of your voice and body; thus connecting love and security to reading enjoyment.
- Increases vocabulary and develops speech patterns very early in life.
- Giving you a momentary escape from pressures in your life; allowing you to join with your baby absorbed in someone else's story and life.
* Make reading fun by using different voices or inflections, being animated, and smiling as you read.